DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION OF GENERATORS
and aerosol fire extinguishing systems
+7 (495) 641-23-82
+7 (495) 970-60-81
Aerosol Fire-Extinguishing: Advantages, Application, Operation
Principle of operation
The principle of aerosol fire suppression is the chemical process of chain reactions in the flame burning.
The main element of the aerosol fire extinguishing aerosol generators is composed of solid aerosol charge which is encased in a metal case, equipped with a cooling system and triggering unit.
As a result of the combustion of the charge initiated by a pyrotechnic impulse from the generator’s activation starter, the fire extinguishing aerosol cloud is formed, which fills the volume and extinguishes the fire. Aerosol particles that form during the combustion, due to their small size (5-10 mm), can be suspended in the air for 30-40 minutes.
Once an indoor area reaches the necessary concentration of fire extinguishing aerosol, the heat decreases rapidly and there is a gradual decrease in temperature of the gaseous medium and the burning ceases.
Within 10-15 minutes after the generators stop operating, the fire-extinguishing aerosol concentration stays inside the area, excluding the possibility of re-ignition.
Advantages of Aerosol Fire-Extinguishing
- High efficiency. According to studies, solid-fuel aerosol forming compounds (EPA) have the highest fire-extinguishing capability, as compared with other means of extinguishing volume areas.
- Versatility. Can be used where it is impossible to use alternative methods of extinguishing volume areas, for example, to protect unheated rooms, energized electrical equipment, etc.
- Low cost. Has a low cost, compared with other types of fire extinguishing systems.
- Easy to install. Does not require the installation of additional equipment and supply of communications.
- Require no further maintenance. Fire-extinguishing aerosol generators do not need to be recharged and are always ready to be activated.
- Does not harm the protected object. Aerosol does not inflict damage onto the area nor the valuable contents of the room. The powder aerosol can be easily removed from the surface.
- Environmentally friendly. Does not harm the ozone layer of the planet.
Aerosol Fire-Extinguishing Generators can be used in the following cases:
- Industrial, office buildings, warehouses, storage facilities, offices, laboratories, etc.
- Premises containing electricity devices, transformer substations
- Electrical cabinets, cable tunnels, switching assembly premises containing technological operators and computing technology and other facilities with electrical equipment.
- Covered parking areas, garages
- Apartments, houses, cottages, temporary living quarters of the module type (trailers, vans)
- Vehicles: protection compartments of buses and trolleybuses, ground rail transport, special purpose vehicles, marine and river transport